Prep + Post Teeth Whitening Care
BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT
- Please eat before your appointment. You will not be able to eat for an hour after your appointment.
- Please take out all piercings in the mouth and/or lip area prior to arriving.
- Please thoroughly brush and floss your teeth prior to your arrival. Your whitening kit comes with a prep routine that you will do at your appointment, but a full brush and floss is not part of it.
- Using Sensodyne Pronamel toothpaste the week prior can help with sensitivity. Sunna Smile was formulated with sensitive teeth in mind. It’s safe on enamel, protects gums, causes little to no sensitivity, and is a registered natural health product.
- To achieve best results, having a dental cleaning within the last 3 months is ideal but not necessary. If you have cavities or gingivitis, this service is not recommended. Also, if you have a had any dental extractions in the last 30 days or have any sores or cuts inside your mouth this service is not recommended. Please consult with your dentist prior to scheduling an appointment.
AFTER YOUR APPOINTMENT
- Please do not eat anything 1 hour after leaving your appointment. It is only suggested to drink water within the first hour.
- During the first 24 hours, avoid dark foods or foods and drinks that are known to stain the teeth. Such food/drinks are: red wine, coffee, tea, fruit juices, chocolate, tomato sauce and berries. Try to avoid tobacco products. Be cautious eating these foods in general as they are known to stain teeth.
- When drinking coffee, tea, wine or soda drink through a straw if possible. It prevents the drink from saturating your teeth. Also, brushing or rinsing with water after finishing your drink will help keep the staining away.
- Schedule your touch up treatment within 3 months of your initial application.
- Follow a good oral hygiene routine, brush, floss and rinse with mouth wash morning and night.